The following is a list of my personal videos and podcasts, with links to each one, and an up-to-date list of those which have been transcribed. The earliest links are to the videos only, but the relevant podcasts can be found over on Soundcloud.
1. Jesus as the Greater Ezekiel in Luke 3-4
2. Acts 12 and the Resurrection and Exodus of Peter
3. Priest, King, Prophet
4. Is Peter the Rock on Which the Church is Built?
5. Does Jacob’s Wrestling with the Angel Prefigure Christ’s Death?
6. Why is it the Man rather than the Woman who leaves Father and Mother in Genesis 2:24?
7. A Biblical Theology of the Household
8. The Threefold Personhood of God
9. Exegesis, Authorial Intention, and Typology
10. Trinity and Modalism
11. Ruth the Moabitess and the Moabite Women of Nehemiah
12. The Chronology of Genesis 38
13. Is Ecclesiastes Nihilistic? (being transcribed)
14. What is the Biblical Theological Significance of Melchizedek?
15. Unravelling the Mysteries of the Book of Esther
16. Understanding the Sign Gifts
17. Through New Eyes Recommendation
18. The Meaning of Rachel’s Tears in Matthew 2
19. How Do We Reconcile the Differing Accounts of Judas’ Death?
20. How Does Genesis Anticipate Later Redemptive History?
21. What Should We Make of Jeremiah’s Prophecy of a New Covenant? (transcribed)
22. Why is Lot Called Righteous Even Though He Offered His Daughters to the Men of Sodom?
23. What Does Jesus Mean When He Speaks About Being Born Again?
24. What is Paul’s Allegory of Sarah and Hagar About?
25. Tips for Reading Your Bible Better
26. Why Did the Gadarene Villagers Ask Jesus to Leave?
27. What Should We Make of the Curious Numbers of Acts?
28. Why Does Figural Preaching Matter?
29. Why Doesn’t Paul Say More About Evangelism?
30. How Should We Understand the People Who Fall Away in Hebrews 6?
31. Are We Living in the Last Days?
32. Does New Creation Undermine Natural Law?
33. What is Meant by Calling Marriage a Natural Institution?
34. What Are the Benefits and Dangers of Bible Software?
35. How Can Peter Describe False Teachers as Having Been ‘Bought’ by Christ?
36. Is the Widow With the Two Mites a Positive Example of Sacrificial Giving?
37. Should the Lord’s Supper Have a Sombre Tone?
38. Why Are There So Many Binitarian Formulations in the New Testament?
39. Should We Read the Story of David and Goliath Primarily as an Underdog Narrative?
40. Was Jesus a Fruitful Eunuch?
41. Was Israel Wrong to Ask for a King?
42. Bumper Question and Answer Episode
43. Should We Be Using the Lectionary?
44. Why is the Tribe of Dan Excluded in Revelation 7?
45. Are Young Elders a Contradiction in Terms?
46. What is the Case Against Women’s Ordination?
47. John Hughes, The End of Work: Theological Critiques of Capitalism
48. How Should We Understand Formal Leadership Within the Church?
49. Thoughts on the Statement on Social Justice and the Gospel
51. What Does Baptism Do for a Person?
52. To What Extent Should We Approach Scripture With Completely Open Minds
53. The Story of Cain and Abel
54. Appeals to Natural Law and Scripture and the Effectiveness of Jordan Peterson
55. Is Abortion to be Solved by Controlling Male Sexual Behaviour?
56. Matthieu Pageau, The Language of Creation
57. My Ten Most Stimulating Bible-Related Books
58. Does Baptism Save Us?
59. Echoes of the Eucharist
60. The Two Kingdoms
61. More on Two Kingdoms
62. Paul Maxwell on Masculinity (largely transcribed here)
63. Gender Segregation
64. My Library and Reading Habits
65. More on my Reading and My Writing Habits
66. What’s the Deal With the Weird Healing Pool in John 5?
67. Thinking Well About Our Disagreements
68. Why Did Satan Enter Into Judas to Betray Jesus if He Knew the Cross Would Defeat Him?
69. How Should We Understand the Weird Circumstances Around the Circumcision of Gershom?
70. Michael McClymond and Gerald McDermott, The Theology of Jonathan Edwards
71. Did the Scriptural Authors Intend Their Figural Meanings?
72. Is the Elect Lady of 2 John a Woman Pastor?
73. Should Christians Be Friends With Non-Christians?
74. Did Jephthah Kill His Daughter?
75. Yoram Hazony, The Virtue of Nationalism
76. 1 Corinthians 14 and Women’s Silence in Church
77. Reading Revelation
78. The Mark of the Beast
79. Moving Mountains
80. Were Rebekah and Jacob Justified in Deceiving Isaac?
81. Did Jesus Address the Multitude or His Disciples in the Sermon on the Mount?
82. Beatitudes and Woes
83. Why Was Jesus Baptized?
84. How Do You Find Real Life Theological Conversation Partners?
85. Elisha and the She-Bears
86. Echoes of Exodus in the Great Commission?
87. Was Cain Supposed to Be His Brother’s Keeper?
88. Meredith Kline, Images of the Spirit
89. Is There Meaning to Be Found in the Ordering of the Books of the Bible? (transcribed)
90. Singles Adopting
91. Richard Rohr on Scripture
92. Peter Leithart and Me on Baptismal Efficacy
93. Being Born Again, Baptism, and the Subjective and Objective Work of the Spirit
94. The Cherubic Faces of Solomon’s Water Chariots
95. Jairus’ Daughter and the Woman With the Issue of Blood
96. The Church and the Natural Family
97. Call No Man Father, Castor and Pollux, Contraception
98. Man, Woman, Deception and Authority in 1 Timothy 2
99. Legal and Natural Consequences of Sin
100. The Trinity in the Old Testament, the Faith of Old Testament Believers, and the Angel of the Lord
101. Responding to Criticisms of Echoes of Exodus (transcribed)
102. Theological Training
103. What They Didn’t Teach Me in My Formal Theological Education
104. Must the Pastor Be a Gifted Theologian? (transcribed)
105. Election in Ephesians 1 (transcribed)
106. How Did I Change My Mind on Infant Baptism? (transcribed)
107. Should We Sing Happy Birthday to Jesus at Christmas? (transcribed)
108. Paul Maxwell on Masculinity Revisited
109. The Bumper Hundredth Question and Answer Video
110. The First Day of Christmas: Twin Nativities (transcribed)
111. The Second Day of Christmas: Samuel in Luke (transcribed)
112. The Third Day of Christmas: Luke’s Two Pentecosts (transcribed)
113. The Fourth Day of Christmas: Two Presentations in the Temple (transcribed)
114. The Fifth Day of Christmas: Rachel, Desolate and Restored (transcribed)
115. The Sixth Day of Christmas: Joseph the Dreamer (transcribed)
116. The Seventh Day of Christmas: Herod, the Wronged Villain (transcribed)
117. The Eighth Day of Christmas: Pharaoh and the Magicians (transcribed)
118. The Ninth Day of Christmas: Foreigners in Search of Wisdom
119. The Tenth Day of Christmas: Balaam and the Magi
120. The Eleventh Day of Christmas: Angels and Shepherds
121. The Twelfth Day of Christmas: The Forerunner in the Wilderness
122. Creation Days in John’s Gospel
123. Is the Parable of the Sower About Israel?
124. Created in the Image of the Angels?
125. Women and the Image of God
126. How Should We Introduce Evangelicals to Liturgy?
127. How Do We Apply Paul’s Teaching to Jews as Twenty-First Century Gentiles?
128. Numbering the Tribes
129. Human Sacrifice and Divine Wrath in 2 Kings 3
130. The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Image of God